Last week former Prime Minister Najib Razak was acquitted by the High Court over the tampering of a 1MDB audit report.
Separately, the government announced that a deal had been reached with the Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund Ipic and its subsidiary Aabar Investments for $1.8bn.
What’s the update on all this and how much can Malaysia recoup from ongoing settlements with other parties?
For answers, BFM speaks to P Gunasegaram, an independent business writer.
Produced by: Shazana Mokhtar
Presented by: Chong Tjen San, Shazana Mokhtar and Wong Shou Ning
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support Aliran's work with an online donation. Scan this QR code using your mobile phone e-wallet or banking app:
View all comments