High Court judge Collin Sequerah yesterday ticked off Najib Razak’s lawyers over their attempts to postpone the cross-examination of witnesses in the ongoing 1MDB trial.
The stern warning from the judge came after defence lawyer Wan Aizuddin Wan Mohammed asked Sequerah’s permission to delay the cross-examination of 40th prosecution witness Kok Tuck Cheong as lead counsel Shafee Abdullah was handling another case at the High Court.
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support Aliran's work with an online donation. Scan this QR code using your mobile phone e-wallet or banking app:
View all comments