AmBank Raja Chulan branch manager Uma Devi told the Kuala Lumpur High Court yesterday that no red flags were raised when $620m was remitted from jailed former Prime Minister Najib Razak’s AmBank account in August 2013.
She said, for remittances, it is usually up to the customer to get approval from Bank Negara Malaysia.
Patrick Teoh presents for the Malaysian Insight.
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support Aliran's work with an online donation. Scan this QR code using your mobile phone e-wallet or banking app:
View all comments