A former treasury official told the High Court on 27 September that a letter of support issued by the government to enable 1MDB Global Investment Ltd to secure a $3bn bond was done in haste.
Testifying against jailed former Prime Minister Najib Razak, Siti Zauyah Mohd Desa said that in her 25 years’ experience with the Ministry of Finance, the letter of support was an abnormal transaction that she had to take on.
Patrick Teoh presents for the Malaysian Insight.
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support Aliran's work with an online donation. Scan this QR code using your mobile phone e-wallet or banking app:
View all comments