Two teenagers were arrested recently after complaining online about their SPM history exam paper.
BFM talks to Lawyers for Liberty director Zaid Malek and Dr Pauline Leong from the Department of Communications at Sunway University about where freedom of speech factors in here and what the law actually has to say. They then discuss how we can create safe spaces online for teenagers to express themselves and make mistakes.
Produced by: Lim Jih-Ming and Kelly Anissa
Presented by: Lee Chwi Lynn and Sharmilla Ganesan
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support Aliran's work with an online donation. Scan this QR code using your mobile phone e-wallet or banking app:
View all comments