Sabah and Sarawak currently have 25% of the seats in the House of Representatives, but should it be increased to one-third to reflect the partnership of the Federation of Malaysia?
Astro Awani’s Melisa Idris asks Sunway University’s Prof Wong Chin Huat why he thinks this could have unintended consequences for our parliamentary democracy.
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support Aliran's work with an online donation. Scan this QR code using your mobile phone e-wallet or banking app:
View all comments