There is often a perception that feminism is a Western worldview or culture (aka budaya Barat). But is that really true?
How do we contextualise the movement for gender equality here in the Southeast Asian region? In conjunction with International Women’s Day, BFM speaks to Sharon A Bong, professor of gender studies from the School of Arts and Social Sciences at Monash University Malaysia. She has also co-edited the book Gender and Sexuality Justice in Asia (2020).
Produced and presented by: Dashran Yohan
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support Aliran's work with an online donation. Scan this QR code using your mobile phone e-wallet or banking app:
View all comments