Prime Minister and Finance Minister Anwar Ibrahim recently unveiled the new Budget 2023.
The Budget billed “Developing Malaysia Madani” involves an allocation of RM388.1bn.
But is this a gender-responsive budget? Does it do enough to push for equality and equity across genders?
BFM speaks to Lilian Kok, programme manager at the All Women’s Action Society (Awam).
Produced and presented by: Dashran Yohan
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support Aliran's work with an online donation. Scan this QR code using your mobile phone e-wallet or banking app:
View all comments