The government appears to be proceeding with its proposal to close the office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees in Malaysia, as disclosed in a written reply to Parliament recently.
What implications will this have for the protection of refugees and asylum seekers here? BFM speaks to Lilianne Fan of Geutanyoe Project about this.
Produced by: Shazana Mokhtar
Presented by: Shazana Mokhtar, Wong Shou Ning and Philip See
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support Aliran's work with an online donation. Scan this QR code using your mobile phone e-wallet or banking app:
View all comments