All the major parties have failed to hit the target of fielding 30% female candidates.
BFM talks to Universiti Sains Malaysia Kanita researcher Dr Zaireeni Azmi about what’s behind this failure and to Dr Nurul Ashikin, a Pejuang candidate contesting in the Ampang parliamentary seat about her experiences and her take on this.
Produced by: Evening Edition
Presented by: Lee Chwi Lynn, Sharmilla Ganesan and Sharaad Kuttan
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support Aliran's work with an online donation. Scan this QR code using your mobile phone e-wallet or banking app:
View all comments