As the general election approaches, both Barisan Nasional and Pakatan Harapan are vying for East Malaysia support by dangling the deputy prime minister’s position as an incentive.
How significant is this role in the government line-up and will this actually strengthen East Malaysian representation in the corridors of power?
BFM discusses this with Dr Wong Chin Huat of Sunway University.
Produced by: Sim Wie Boon
Presented by: Shazana Mokhtar, Wong Shou Ning and Keith Kam
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support Aliran's work with an online donation. Scan this QR code using your mobile phone e-wallet or banking app:
View all comments