This is the first time Benedict Lopez has received a report card from a sitting MP.
Today, 9 May, is one year since Pakatan Harapan defeated Barisan Nasional in the 2018 general election. History was created in our country for the first time since independence in 1957.
Returning from a dinner last night, I received a WhatsApp report card from Lembah Pantai MP YB Fahmi Fadzil outlining his achievements over the past year.
This is the first time I received a report card from a sitting MP on the work he has carried out in Lembah Pantai. In his report card, YB Fahmi summarised his achievements over the past one year.
- Restored the name and heritage of Kampung Kerinchi
- Organised regular Town hall sessions to listen to the issues and challenges facing the residents of Lembah Pantai
- Implemented the Projek Angkat (Foster Project) scheme to assist 2,400 house owners in Taman Seri Sentosa obtain their strata ownership titles
- Expanded the People’s Tuition Programme to include free English language classes
- Introduced a food bank project with reasonable prices for fresh fish – a programme benefiting the bottom 40% of households
- Came up with a traffic plan for Kampung Kerinchi and Pantai Dalam
- Brought in the Free GoKL bus service
- Organised a Day with the People (Hari Bersama Rakyat) at residential areas with the participation of agencies such as Kuala Lumpur City Hall, the National Inland Revenue Board, the Social Welfare Deparment (JKM) and Baitumal
- Assisted in the repair of infrastructure and amenities at Travers, Pantai, Petaling police stations, Bukit Aman police headquarters and Pantai Fire Station
- Started kebun-kebun kecil (small gardens) in Kerinchi and in Sentosa
Lembah Pantai’s diligent MP appears to have scored well among his constituents in his first year in office. I hope all other MPs can submit their report cards to their constituents like Fahmi.