Today, the angry groundswell over corrupt political parties and their leaders is overwhelming.
Even many largely quiet, tolerant and patient Malays are speaking out loud and clear. Witness the overflow of responses, sentiments and calls to teach corrupt leaders and followers a bitter lesson at the upcoming general election.
It would seem that the people are bent on hammering the last nail into the coffin of Corruption, Greed and Abuses at these polls.
But this election is much more than this.
The suspicion is that some tycoons of various ethnicities have been secretly funding general elections. They do this to keep the coffers of certain political parties well oiled. Now, these tycoons could well face the people’s wrath as well.
It is likely that certain business quarters want to see the corrupt and easily corruptible politicians and their parties back in government – to fulfil their own greedy agendas, of course.
But since the dissolution of Parliament on 10 October, the sense of betrayal and acute disappointment among voters has kept growing. The corrupt politicians, their parties and the ‘corruptors’ should be forewarned about the outcome of the mother of all tsunami-like elections.
- Sign up for Aliran's free daily email updates or weekly newsletters or both
- Make a one-off donation to Persatuan Aliran Kesedaran Negara, CIMB a/c 8004240948
- Make a regular pledge or periodic auto-donation to Aliran
- Become an Aliran member
When ethnic minority voters cry foul, it is not too difficult to silence them. But when the conscience of many Malays awakens, the corrupt should be shuddering to the marrow.
Going by the overwhelming outpouring of sentiment on various social media platforms and even in kopitiams, it won’t be long before even the silent, politically condescending news media, which depend on advertisement revenue, begin to speak up – or at least squeak – for their own survival.
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Thus is some way Hadi is right: the Richipoos of all races prefer corruptible politicians and ensure that