Aliran welcomes the strong anti-corruption stand taken by the government so far.
We note that the attorney general has declared publicly that his office has not been under any external pressure and it has been independent in bringing charges in recent high-profile cases involving politicians.
We expect that the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission has been thorough in its investigations and has adequate evidence so that prosecutors will have watertight cases.
We have seen many cases of the unsuccessful filing of charges or prosecution of high-profile suspects. These failures have wasted public resources and funds.
Aliran is fully aware of the optics of recent high-profile cases, as the politicians being charged are from the opposition. So it is easy for critics to complain of selective prosecution.
This is why the fight against corruption must be carried out transparently and professionally – across the board, and irrespective of political and business alignments.
In this respect, Aliran welcomes Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim’s recent statement that no one will be spared investigations, including members of his own party.
- Sign up for Aliran's free daily email updates or weekly newsletters or both
- Make a one-off donation to Persatuan Aliran Kesedaran Negara, CIMB a/c 8004240948
- Make a regular pledge or periodic auto-donation to Aliran
- Become an Aliran member
We look forward to the successful prosecution of individuals who have plundered the public coffers and impoverished the nation.
Aliran executive committee
11 March 2023
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme