Aliran is organising this talk in Petaling Jaya on 30 April.
- Speaker: Dr David McCoy (see biodata below)
- Moderator: K Haridas, Aliran executive committee member
- Date: Tuesday, 30 April
- Time: 7.30pm
- Venue: Gerakbudaya, Petaling Jaya
- Organiser: Aliran
Please register using the form at the bottom. The form can also be found here.
About the speaker
David McCoy is Professor of Global Public Health at the Centre for Primary Care and Public Health at Queen Mary University London (QMUL).
A medical doctor by training, he spent six years as a clinician in the UK and South Africa, before entering a career in public health. He spent a further seven years in South Africa with the University of Cape Town and the Health Systems Trust, an NGO established to support the post-apartheid transformation of South Africa’s healthcare system.
Since returning to the UK, he has worked variously in the NGO sector, academia and the National Health Service (including a period as a director of public health in London).
- Sign up for Aliran's free daily email updates or weekly newsletters or both
- Make a one-off donation to Persatuan Aliran Kesedaran Negara, CIMB a/c 8004240948
- Use online banking to schedule an auto donation to Aliran every month or every quarter
- Support the struggle for Justice, Freedom and Solidarity; become an Aliran member
He has a doctorate from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and is a trustee of the Centre for Health in the Public Interest.